PDA

View Full Version : New feature discovered: 0 point polys

Limbus
10-28-2004, 02:31 AM
Hi all,
I was just modelling hapilly along when something strange happened. Suddenly my modell disapered. So i started hitting undo to get it back. But all I got was some parts of the modell so is try to reconstuct what I had done before. When I went to select some points to create a poly, I found this:

http://www.projectbeta.de/wip/error/2.gif
http://www.projectbeta.de/wip/error/1.gif

The marked poly does not have any points. The statistics windows still shows only quads but I can not select a point on that poly. :confused:

I guess I better save my work and delete those "zombie" polys. No good Poly should be left without points.

Florian

P.S. If someone still wants to look at this, I saved a copy of the file. Just let me know.

Nemoid
10-28-2004, 03:32 AM
LoL ! :D
very strange. is that the result of a boolean operation?

seems to me an open GL prob.

try to select the polys and use drag tool to move the"points". and see if something interesting happens.

Karmacop
10-28-2004, 10:10 AM
send it off to [email protected] and explain what you did. :)

GruvSyco
10-28-2004, 01:19 PM
I guess I'm failing to see exactly the prob... looking at the geom it looks like a hole (in an inverted L-shape) that is showing the faces (double-sided?) of the polys behind it. From the wires, that's what it appears to be. I don't really see anything out of the norm.

If you're having problems picking the point in the corner of the L shape... perhaps it's not completely within the range of the 3 other views. I've noticed that sometimes I cannot select stuff in the perspective view (or not easily) if it is out of the range of one of the other 3 viewports.

Para
10-28-2004, 02:00 PM
GruvSyco: The squares represent vertices in the wireframe shot. Polygon is an area defined by the vertices on its corners. The wireframe shows there's no vertices at all - what's wrong? :)

GruvSyco
10-28-2004, 03:08 PM
OK, but if points are turned off in that viewport, it would show selections like that.

Just trying to make certain all the possibilities are ascertained before people start shouting "bug" is all. I'm not questioning the validity of this, just trying to rule out other possibilities.

John Fornasar
10-28-2004, 03:42 PM
Render the model, that'll usually let you know if it's an OpenGL problem...

Limbus
10-28-2004, 06:08 PM
Hi Guys,
I finally figured out what went wrong. Somehow I accidetaly did hide selected points. This has the effect, that the points are invisible while th poly stays visible. This is logic but can be confusing.
So remember, always check if something is hidden.

Florian