PDA

View Full Version : Flip scene

PeglaSkunk
10-28-2004, 01:39 AM
Greetings,

I've been working on a rather complicated scene, and now my boss likes to see the scene reversed. The problem is that the scene is field rendered, so if the video editor reverses it, the fields become messed up. I am sure there is a solution for that, but still, I became quite curious, is there a possibility to reverse an entire scene in Lightwave?

Curiousity killed the cat, luckily for me, I am not a cat :)

(edit: The featured scene contains IK bones, a flipbook, if I oscillate the movement of the reference object, the page completely flips out, and not in a good way).

faulknermano
10-28-2004, 03:29 AM
do you absolutely need to render by fields? if not, render full frame and rename the sequence.

PeglaSkunk
10-28-2004, 04:00 AM
Unfortunately the fields are essential, it is for a DVD production.

Mylenium
10-28-2004, 05:06 AM
Double the frame rate to 50 fps, then import the rendered sequence into the editing package and flip. If done properly, it will selectively pick the correct lines for the fields for each frame.

Another trick is parenting everything to a Null and then scale by -100%. But beware, this will flip polygons and only works with standard keyframes! Motion plugins, IK etc will not work properly with this method.

Mylenium