PDA

View Full Version : Graphic wars...

sbrandt
04-07-2003, 09:52 PM
I, or rather we, do use both Mac and x86 machines.
The two machines that run similar apps are, my A7M266d Asus and my girlfriend's big dollar 1.4GHz Mac dualie that daddy bought her. This is not my VT[2] machine, it runs only the same publishing apps as her; Adobe InDesign2, PhotoShop7, Illustrator10, Corel11, and lots of filters and plugins...(the usual publishing fare). The machines set maybe 15 feet apart and the WORK LOAD IS ALMOST IDENTICAL. I do a lot of work for Insurance Companies, (if you've ever seen Broker World, Life Insurance Selling Magazine, Underwriters Journal, etc. then you've seen my stuff) and she works for Western Horseman and freelances on the side. And the long and the short of it is... my AMD Asus runs CIRCLES around the Mac... (the best thing about it is the ATI Radeon video card... whoopee!). In the REAL world where the WORK meets the ink on the PAYCHECK... the Mac gets smoked every time !!! (period)
In fact, the ONLY thing the Mac can run faster than the x86, is Invigorator for Photoshop. But that's because it won't run on an x86 platform.

sbrandt
04-07-2003, 09:57 PM
In case you're confused... this message was supposed to be a reply in the thread "Video Toaster on Mac OS X" but I pushed the wrong button... ( ; P)