PDA

View Full Version : Arming Panel Animation For Nuke-Terror Demo Tape...

glassefx
10-27-2004, 02:02 PM
My Demo Tape titled "Unit-U" or untu is was conceived back in '98. Scary thing is its premise. The Unit-U is a specialized military group that handles nuclear terrorisim. This was an arming sequence for that played as the bad guy setup the premise for the demo. He was arming this GPS triggered nuclear warhead that was hidden on a ship that was transporting utility type trucks to the U.S. for sale. The ship was going to harbor in NY around DC and then blow.. OUCH!

I will host the whole thing problem is I'll have to recomplile to another CODEC cause I can only get it down to 50megs for about 1 minute which sucks.

I think Lightwave is so neat cause I animated the mouse movment with my mouse as it played in LW and its set up with moving 2d cards that slide into and out of the camera's view.

check it out...

http://members.aol.com/glassefx/screen.avi

peace

fronzel
10-28-2004, 12:48 PM
What do you mean you animated your mouse with your mouse. Like motion capture ?

I'm surprised you did this in LW, I would have used after effects or some other 2D app.

glassefx
10-28-2004, 02:09 PM
Yes exactly! It's been so long, it is funny because I am always forgetting how I used to do things in LW... It's the ole' coma I guess... LOL! That was a serious statement. I am rebuilding... Here I come!

I'll try to dig up the ole scene file, I'd like to see just exactly how I set that up. I think it was a simple click of the autokey while playing the animation and then moving at the right times. I'll see...

peace guys

mgreenway
10-29-2004, 02:11 AM
I was hearing the MISSION IMPOSSIBLE theme.
Let the movie continue.......
:) Mike

glassefx
10-29-2004, 07:36 AM
Thanx MGreen, I was wondering if its a bit of "tension building overkill" that the bomb's computer has to "load" then "initialize" then "execute" LOL!

I was thinking of making it two stages! I also need to add in the Cordinates and have them update as the bad guy sets the point and proximity for the detonation.

This thing looks much better playing under 3d glass with refraction.

peace