PDA

View Full Version : Capsule tool LW8 Mac

vineeta
10-27-2004, 01:22 PM
Hi!

I just upgraded to LW 8.

I just started "Inside LW 8" and am now stuck because my "capsule tool" is #1, not working and #2, freezes up the computer if I try to use it.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any advice?

I'm trying to reach Tech Support, but they are unavailable currently -

Someone please help me :( Thanks

synergy543
10-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Hi!

I just upgraded to LW 8.

I just started "Inside LW 8" and am now stuck because my "capsule tool" is #1, not working and #2, freezes up the computer if I try to use it.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any advice?

I'm trying to reach Tech Support, but they are unavailable currently -

Someone please help me :( Thanks

I don't know if this is related to your problem or not but...

I didn't get a freeze but my backdrop image disappeared and my windows all turned white when I selected the capsule while in the wireframe mode. I then selected wireframe shaded and I could then see my background image and object again. But it was frustrating not to be able to use wireframe mode.

Sorry I can not repeat this now.

You might try trashing your prefs and see if that helps. Also, with video related problems, sometimes simply dragging the corners of your screen and resizing to a smaller screen size will help.

Maybe others will have advice? It might help if you give your system specs.

Gregory D. Moore
Mac G5 2.5G, 8M RAM, NVidia 6800,
OSX10.3.5, LW8

MaxB
10-27-2004, 04:17 PM
Had a problem with capsule tool as well but it just didn't work. Not sure if this will work for you but that is what tech support wrote me: "I would remake your plug-in config. Hit Alt F11 to bring up the Edit Plug-ins window and then click the Scan Directory button. It will eventually bring up a panel that says xxx plug-ins found in xxx files. Click OK, and then Done in the Edit Plug-Ins window and see if Capsule works again".
Hope it helps!