PDA

View Full Version : dark hypervoxels

Rogelio
10-27-2004, 03:56 AM
Hi

I'm doing a nuclear explosion; I have a scene with a city illuminated by a bunch of spotlights.
The problem is with the column of the mushroom cloud, I used a flat emitter and a wind that pushes the particles upwards in order to create the column, I used hypervoxels to create the texture. When I do a render the particles will look dark gray, even if the color of the texture is white, but this happens only in frames, which the particles are touching the emitter, after the particles stop emitting, they will render white which is the correct color.

I have no idea why the particles look dark when they are born and white later in the animation.

At first I thought it where my lights but even if I increase the intensity to 600% it doesn't affect the particles at all, I also thought I had a color gradient but I have none. I have removed the hypervoxel and put it in again, but nothing works.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Exper
10-27-2004, 04:49 AM
Are you using Volume mode?

Try "Shading / Advanced" tab.
You can find here all the values for Illumination and Shadows.
Add a light or "Use All Lights" and use Beer illumination.

Then check if you have some Particle Age/Time gradients in Shading tab.

Just guessing... if you can provide more infos or a scene with the emitter and Voxels I should help more! ;)

Silkrooster
10-27-2004, 06:55 PM
Since your using spotlights, I am wondering if the particles are outside the cone of light when the particles are born and are inside the cone close to their death.
Silk

Rogelio
10-29-2004, 12:27 AM
...Add a light or "Use All Lights" and use Beer illumination...

This was it, I had a flare in lights. Thanks

Something wierd keeps happening, sometimes when I open lw, I notice that the volumetrics are deactivated for my particles but they are activated to another object in the scene which doesn't even have particles.

One other thing :o

have any tips to make this cloud look more reallistic? but that does not increase the rendering time, that lasted 7 min, with antialiasing low, motion blur and raytrace shadows.

Thank you.

Exper
10-29-2004, 11:23 AM
have any tips to make this cloud look more reallistic? but that does not increase the rendering time, that lasted 7 min, with antialiasing low, motion blur and raytrace shadows.Just a fast reply... such a hurry! ;)

You can use a Light only for the Voxels (exclude every object) so you can tweak it as you better like.

Then you can try to dissolve Voxels in time using the "Particle Age" or "Time" gradients, the same way you can change other attributes (from bright to dark and then fading).