PDA

View Full Version : Edit Multiple (100s) of lens flares at once?

HowardM
04-07-2003, 07:32 PM
I know you can select multiple lights and then tweak the properties panel, but how can I tweak several lens flares at once?
I need to ramp up 100 flares, 1 after another in sets of ten....I need a quick way to edit them now that I used luxigons to place them...
...I have a vague memory of an lscript or plugin, but cant find them at the moment!

THANKS!

Mylenium
04-08-2003, 12:14 AM
LW's scene foramt is pure ASCII, is it not? If that doesn't ring a bell, I can't help you ;) .

Mylenium

colkai
04-08-2003, 05:58 AM
Are you thinking of 'One touch Light Editor' ? search for that or 'lay_utils' (the archive name) on FLAY, it comes wiht a one-touch object editor as well as special projection engine. That might work.

-Colkai

trentonia
04-08-2003, 07:42 AM
You need to check out using the spreadsheet function in layout. I don't remember if you can specifically set lens flares, but I wouldn't be suprized. Spreadsheet is a super powerful tool and allows you to set all sorts of properties for bones, lights, cameras, objects, etc. Check it out.

zapper1998
04-08-2003, 07:46 AM
'One touch Light Editor'

'lay_utils'

I have tried to use it with no success
is there a trick to using the plug ???

:confused:

RomainR
04-08-2003, 08:49 AM
Couldn't you set up something with sliders?

HowardM
04-08-2003, 09:16 AM
the way to do it was to, in pesp view, go in and select 10 at a time, open them up in GE, find their intensity channels, filter them, make a favorite set...repeat, then load and move channels by hand..or keys...
kinda pain in the ***, but actually once i got the 10 sets down, it wasnt such a pain to do changes!

thanks for all your suggestions!

those plugins you all mention will allow basic light parameters but no flares envelopes to be tweaked!

Lewis
04-08-2003, 01:50 PM
Hi HowardM !

Maybe i didn't understud your question properly but i can edit all lights in spreadsheat automaticaly !

I just open spreadsheet and choose "light properites: Basic" where i can edit - color (with envelope), intensity (with envelope), distant, fall off, range (with envelope). Another option is light properites : flags where you can turn on of many things and lens flares also.

So basicaly you can just multy select them in spreadsheet (ctrl+LMB or SHIFT+LMB) and when you hit "E" for envelope it will open you graph editor automaticaly.

In another words spreadsheet is very very powerfull and have lot's of options - just needs time to find them all ;).

cheers