PDA

View Full Version : QT Movies as textures

sjon
10-26-2004, 05:52 PM
This is almost embarassing. I have used QT movies as textures before, but for some reason, I can't load a QT movie to use as a texture. Movies are QT Animation (millions +). I open surface editor and try to "load image" and the movies are all grayed out. I have tried reloading all my plugins, but nothing changes. Any suggestions, anybody?
Also, where (on a Mac running Panther) are the Lighwave Config files located? Dan A. suggested trashing them and reloading all my plug ins (this, because my Dynamic Objects button is grayed out as well)

LW8 = G5 2.5 GHz - 4 GB RAM

brayne
10-27-2004, 07:09 AM
This isn't a solution, but a workaround. I'd recommend just exporting the movie as an image sequence and using that. I do that anyway, as I've found it works better. Using Quicktime movies sometimes gives you jerky playback.

sjon
10-27-2004, 09:03 AM
Yea, that's what I ended up doing. I still need to find out why I can't just use a QT as a surface, but because I needed to get this job rolling, I exported as a sequence. Thanks for responding.

Sjon

toby
10-27-2004, 01:00 PM
Are you changing the drop-down list in the requestor from 'Lightwave Images' to 'All files' ?

I'm not at home right now (PC at work) but I think the pref files are in User/home/library/preferences