PDA

View Full Version : multiple points move to o on Y axis?

Iceman
10-26-2004, 04:53 PM
Hi,
this might sound like a silly question, but I can't seem to find how to do this.
I am working on architecturale shapes that grow and come out from the ground. I am trying to do this with endomorphs.
I create the object. Then I create the new morph. However, I would like to move all the points of the objet down to 0 on the y axis. For the moment, I have to move the points down more or less one by one ( group by group). I would like to know if it's possible to move all the points of one object down to a certain level in one shot.

I know this has to be possible...but I just don't know how to do it.
thanks for any help.

adamsanders
10-26-2004, 05:03 PM
A trick I do when I want all the points or selected points of a layer to lay in a 2d plane is to apply stretch at a numeric value of .01%.

Just select stretch then hit n for numeric and enter .01% in the vertical factor box. Make sure either X or Z is selected as the axis and the center is 0,0,0, then hit apply.

Technically, .01% will not get something completely flat in nature, but Lightwave fudges things a bit.

Iceman
10-26-2004, 05:28 PM
thanks adamsanders ... that seems to do the trick!
thanks for the help. now I'll work on my morphing problems! :)

Dodgy
10-26-2004, 05:50 PM
Select your points, press 'v' and set it to 'y' and 0m and hey presto...

Alternatively, press 'i' for info and put 0 in the y field.

Iceman
10-27-2004, 02:54 AM
That's exactly what I was looking for. I knew something like that had to exist...a place where you could enter the values numericaly. Cool!
Thanks again for the help!