PDA

View Full Version : bonsai tree

MooseDog
10-26-2004, 09:11 AM
i know, i know, bonsai trees have been done almost to death. hey, consider this my attempt to finally kill the genre :D

lw 8.01, olas tree generator, photoshop and a stunning :rolleyes: bg pic off my back porch.

always looking to improve thru c&c's. thx for taking a look. :)

jbr3d
10-26-2004, 02:17 PM
Excellent bonsai tree, I see you put the fall foliage..just right for this time of year.
I can never get too tired looking at trees. Olas tree generator, is that a plugin?? :o

MooseDog
10-26-2004, 10:55 PM
thx man :)

Tree Generator (http://www.polas.net/)

riki
10-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Maybe show some more of the pot.

Rory_L
10-27-2004, 07:01 AM
Maybe make the autumn colours a bit more vibrant?

Fewer leaves.

Might want to show the twisted support wires too.

R

MooseDog
10-27-2004, 10:18 AM
hhmmm. excellent points all. thx for the input :)

rory_l: i did have an earlier version with more vibrant peak autumn colors, but changed them to more closely match my bg pic which is much more late autumn/leaves falling off and the leaves are much more muted and "rusty". probably could of put less leaves :o , but live and learn huh!

no one has mentioned the bark, so i guess that was mildly successful. cool. however, the moss SUX, it's complete junk. i've been waiting for my hd_instance to get fixed by graham at happy digital, and am starting to get a bit peeved at a purchased plug that doesn't work w/ 8.01 :mad:

much appreciated :cool:

Rion411
10-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Cool pic! Bonsais kick a**

Rory_L
10-28-2004, 01:09 AM
Nerdy info alert!

`Bonsai` just means `tray plant`, not indicating the toy size we think of as inseparably part of the concept. Over here you get giant bonsai as well as the regular midgets.

Cheers,

R

MooseDog
10-28-2004, 08:48 AM
:cool: thx rory_l

i know absolutely nothing about it, but i'm certain, in typical japanese fastidiousness and perfection, there is an entire culture surrounding the growing and care of these plants. this is the reference image i based my modelling on, particularly the big one.

thx again for crits!