PDA

View Full Version : I need help. (DONT IGNORE) I cannot load a backdrop image in lightwave 8

beowolf
10-25-2004, 11:01 AM
I dont know what is going on. I just bought lightwave and I am following the instructions but will not load the image. I got to the tab and it says load image, i will only show .jpg and no other format. what i load the jpg image it does NOTHING. SOME please help. :(

KPS
10-25-2004, 11:05 AM
Are you trying to load it in modler or layout??

beowolf
10-25-2004, 11:07 AM
in modeler

KPS
10-25-2004, 11:40 AM
I'm not sure if you went trough these steps already or not.

In modler
Go to display options(D)
Backdrop tab
Select the view port
click on the "image" tab
Select "load image" were it say's "Enable: LightWave images" change to "all documents"
Navigate to desired image and select.
Image should load in the selected viewport.
Make sure that the image is RGB and that it has enough resolution.

Sometimes the image is very small so when you load it you don't see it unless you zoom into the viewport.

munky
10-25-2004, 12:51 PM
Hi there'

I had this happen to me and it was because I was using osx 10.2.6 as soon as I upgraded to panther it was fixed. The LW8 install says you need panther, something I never read until I had a few little problems with me LW.

hope this is of some use

regards

paul

MaxB
10-27-2004, 04:03 PM
Had the same problems a few weeks ago. Hit Alt F11 to bring
up the Edit Plug-ins window and then click the Scan Directory button. It will
eventually bring up a panel that says xxx plug-ins found in xxx
files. Click OK, and then Done in the Edit Plug-Ins window. It worked for me and it was suggested by the tech support. I bet you were reading pag 30 of Inside Lightwave 8!

mwh710
11-01-2004, 04:23 PM
I had the same problem & had to change all my .jpg's to .jpeg. Don't know why, but it loads the .jpeg's just fine & still won't load .jpg's. Go figure.