PDA

View Full Version : VT2 CG documented bugs / crashes?

inquisitive
10-24-2004, 04:16 AM
Hi,

Is there some thread in this forum or the old one that documents all the bugs / steps to crash VT2 when using CG?

I have not had much chance to use my system until now. When I started to use CG i got a couple of crashes but didnt really have the time to troubleshoot and now I am getting other crashes as I start working more with the VT2. (so far the only crashes I have experienced are with CG and/or CG Player)

I do plan to upgrade to VT4 and do hope that these issues were resolved in the newer version, however in terms of what I currently have, I would like to find out what I need to avoid and/or how to go around it.
Thanks

Paul Lara
10-24-2004, 09:35 AM
There are several threads on here about this...perform a search and you'll find them.

One of the principal culprits is a corrupted graphics driver.
One of the threads even listed a specific nVidia driver that seemed more stable than others.

Paul

Jim_C
10-24-2004, 09:41 AM
I can't speak for VT4 (yet) but the CG is much, much, MUCH more stable in VT3, so if the trend continued.....

Jim Capillo
10-24-2004, 10:34 AM
[4] seems pretty stable to me, and it has a lot more features.

mgrusin
10-24-2004, 05:34 PM
A VT2 CG bug I remember was open it once, works fine. Close it and open it again, crash. I got in the habit of leaving it running. CG in VT3 is MUCH better! (and you can upgrade straight to VT4 for the same price as from 3! :) ).

-MG.