PDA

View Full Version : Pooltable ball rotation problem

Hoopti
10-23-2004, 09:29 PM
I've been asked to prepare a scene where pool balls shoot across the table after being hit by the cue ball. I've done a rough up so I could get my dynamics right before I textured and put the pockets in the table (as well as finish the rest of the modeling).

The problems I have are minor but very annoying and will become very evident as soon as I texture the balls.

1. I think this may be fixed if I put a collision onto the pool balls themselves, but if they run into the cue, they won't make the cue change course, only the one that hits the cue again changes course.

2. When the balls come to rest from the collisions, they continue to roll slowly for a while, finally coming to rest. You can really see this in the left perspective view in wireframe mode if you zoom in close to the balls, and hit calculate. This is the one that will really become evident when I texture.

Any advice on how to fix these issues? I've attached the scene file and object file for anyone that wants to review.

Thanks,
Hoop

Hoopti
10-27-2004, 01:43 PM
This issue was solved with two changes.

On the pool balls, I changed it from parts to 1 Piece>Parts (Collision)

And on the collision tab I check stop by stabilizer button.

This was based upon suggestions from a user over at Spinquad and it worked like a charm.

Hoop