PDA

View Full Version : Capture Panel or User Behavioral issue?

COTVDON
10-23-2004, 12:29 PM
These are usually, (99.9%) of the time, something I'm doing wrong. I need someone experienced to tell me what's up........

Say I caprture 10 clips to a particular folder on my video drive. If I delete the clips from the capture panel, they disapppear from the folder. So am I not saving them?

Don

Jim_C
10-23-2004, 12:34 PM
>> If I delete the clips from the capture panel, they disapppear from the folder. So am I not saving them?

Correct. Think of the top of the capture panel as just another file bin. Files can be drug, dropped or deleted from there just like a bin.

COTVDON
10-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Thanks Jim,

The answers have been quick here. Now if I can just speed myself up!

Jim_C
10-23-2004, 12:51 PM
The answers have been quick here. Now if I can just speed myself up!

Only because I've had my coffee. ;)

Ivan
10-23-2004, 03:51 PM
Go to your preferences and set Deletion to "Always Confirm". The Storyboard and the Filebin in VTEdit look to much alike to not do this. You will always know when you are deleting something from the drive because it will ask if you are sure.

Ivan

Scott Bates
10-23-2004, 05:42 PM
Either that or set prefs to send all deleted files to the trash basket, then when you realized you screwed up just go there and "restore" them. Saves having to answer a bunch of confirmation windows. Just make sure you're not in the habit of automatically 'emptying the trash' everytime you see something in there. :(