PDA

View Full Version : Free AlphaRalpha Plugin (by Tuff Little Unit)

Matt
10-23-2004, 09:56 AM
Tuff Little Unit (www.tufflittleunit.com) have released a new plugin that fixes transparency in Alpha Channels on semi-transparent surfaces when you have 'Raytrace Transparency' turned on in the 'Render Options' panel.

Prior to this plugin it rendered the alpha solid (see attached images).

Works well, although I have found a limitation with the plugin when there is an object behind the object you want the plugin to affect, even if that object has had it's alpha properites set to 'Unaffected By Object'.

Still, useful despite this.

xchrisx
10-23-2004, 11:39 AM
cool, thanks for posting this, it looks really useful. :D

Jarno
10-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Works well, although I have found a limitation with the plugin when there is an object behind the object you want the plugin to affect, even if that object has had it's alpha properites set to 'Unaffected By Object'.

Thanks for finding this Matt. That looks easy enough to fix.

---JvdL---

Matt
10-24-2004, 03:57 AM
No worries, glad to help! :)

Matt
10-25-2004, 09:30 AM
Just noticed on your site that it says this plugin is for LW8, well, I missed that part and tested this in 7.5d anyway! Because the plugin worked I assumed meant it was for LW 7.x and up.

Can someone test to see if this is LW8 to see if this error still occurs!

Hate the idea of Jarno looking for something that isn't a bug!!! :)

Jarno
10-25-2004, 06:50 PM
Hate the idea of Jarno looking for something that isn't a bug!!! :)

Your concern for my wellbeing is so touching :D

The plugin does work in 7.5 (or it should at least). It not taking into account unseen by alpha object settings is a shortcoming in the plugin. I've fixed it and version 1.1 should appear shortly.

---JvdL---

Matt
10-26-2004, 04:09 PM
Cool, thanks Jarno - now that's what I call service!!! :)

This will be really handy, cheers!

Matt

3djab
10-26-2004, 04:23 PM
Two questions:
1) In regards to Tuff Little Unit's Archvision/RPC plug-in; I have it, been using it and it works great. We tried to use it via Screamernet, and after some testing, and some emailing back and forth with Archvision, it looks like it is unable to work on Screamernet in it's present "beta" form. Are they working on a version that will work over Screamernet?
2) Is anyone using Boxxtech systems in their daily 3d use? I'm curious to hear some feedback if they have used their renderboxx products and their workstations. It looks like we've got the green light here to set up a little render farm, and we're just doing our homework right now. Thanks!

Jarno
10-30-2004, 05:30 PM
Alpha Ralpha has been updated to version 1.2 to fix a crash when using it with lwsn.

---JvdL---

3djab
11-02-2004, 10:18 PM
Any updates on the rpc plug-in so it works with LWSN? Thanks!

Jarno
11-03-2004, 04:44 PM
Any updates on the rpc plug-in so it works with LWSN? Thanks!

A bit off-topic for this thread, but we're actively working on it right now. Getting RPCs to work with LWSN is an absolute must for us.

---JvdL---

theo
11-03-2004, 09:34 PM
Awesome plug lil' tuffies!

3djab
11-04-2004, 08:14 PM
Sorry about going off topic. The plug-in works great. Can't express how much we needed that for the work we're doing. Looking forward to the LWSN version. Thanks!

Cyberfish_Fred
01-21-2016, 05:34 AM
website is gone?

Jarno
01-21-2016, 05:52 AM
The plugins have been part of the standard LW package for some time now. And I don't think the problem that this particular plugin solved exists anymore.

---JvdL---

Cyberfish_Fred
01-21-2016, 07:02 AM
The plugins have been part of the standard LW package for some time now. And I don't think the problem that this particular plugin solved exists anymore.

---JvdL---

I have hypervoxels with transparancy settings, in the alpha there is no transparacy now, I hoped to solve this with that plugin.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Freddy