PDA

View Full Version : NAB stream...

dwburman
04-07-2003, 03:06 PM
The Newtek NAB stream is in windows media 9 format. The MAC windows media player is only 7.x.

The upshot is that I can't watch it at work :(

bummed,
dana

Rich Deustachio
04-07-2003, 04:17 PM
Your not missing anything anyway. First the stream is down more than up, and second they are only showing a woman presenter that isn't giving anymore than a generalized overview speach that is of no use to anyone.

dwburman
04-07-2003, 04:29 PM
I can hear it (partially) but still, it'd be nice to see it. Of course, the last two year's streams were problematic much of the time too. It seemed like they had the bitrate set too high for my connection.

I just felt like complaining about it :)

MGuerra
04-07-2003, 06:31 PM
Like a lot of early runs, the stream started off a bit rocky because of various IP issues from within the NAB building, but they seemed to have been taken care of. The stream's running much smoother now!

As for the encoding in Windows Media 9, you will have to run version 9, otherwise, you will only get sound... if that. I can only speak for myself, but I do apologize for those of you who are unable to upgrade based on OS limitations.

For those of you who are watching, ENJOY the show and watch for more camera roaming to come...

Goodnight!

dwburman
04-07-2003, 08:31 PM
I do get to watch it at home but it'd be a nice diversion during the day :)

pauland
04-08-2003, 01:41 AM
Yes, it worked very well for me, though at times picture didn't match sound and the sound had answers to questions that couldn't be heard...

I felt sympathy for the girl delivering her spiel. That's a huge amount of rather dry and boring dialogue to learn and I thought she did very well for the material she had. Rather nicer to look at than Don & Ralph were, but their show was repetitive but they were always interesting. Certainly things needed to change (since Don & Ralph seemed to be focussed more towards the nuts & bolts geek) but I'm not convinced this works at all.

Rich Deustachio
04-08-2003, 11:50 AM
Nothing against the pretty woman presenter, but I get much more useful information watching the live demos being presented by Paul Laura and others. It does seem that newTek is listening to us and has been showing more of the demos streaming. Thanks for listening to our needs again newTek!

pnelson
04-08-2003, 02:01 PM
I think that I just saw Irene's butt on the stream!

Yippie!

Jim Capillo
04-08-2003, 02:27 PM
Oh man............. :cool: :D

Nild
04-08-2003, 08:15 PM
If Irene can do cart wheels can a new DVE far behind?