PDA

View Full Version : Helo - Can't get Key for VT3

wtdedula
10-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Hello All;
I emailed tech. support this morning but hadn't received a response yet so I'm posting here.

I just reformatted my HD and have reinstalled VT3. I am trying to get my license Key but when I click on "Get Key", I receive the following response (See below)

Could someone at Newtek get the license server working or email me the key file ? This is for my personal VT-3, Not the one at NASA (Under my same name)Thanks much.

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
EmailKey.EmailKey.ProductRegister()
EmailKey.EmailKey.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +29
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +724

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.288; ASP.NET Version:1.0.3705.288

Scott Bates
10-22-2004, 01:42 PM
Did you save the registration file that you originally got after installing VT[3] the first time? It's named "License.VT3Reg" or something like that. I keep mine in my Downloads directory and put a shortcut on the desktop and just have to run it to register reinstalls (with VT[3] closed).

wtdedula
10-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, Scott. I'll check to see if I saved it. However, what good is the registration server if it doesn't work ?

Tim