PDA

View Full Version : new-old 5er BMW

conehead
10-22-2004, 05:49 AM
hi,
here my render of my bmw 5er. what you think about the picture, the object, lighting and rest of the render? (sorry for my english but i'm austrian and really never use my bad english).

i don't know how long lw 8 rendered this picture, about 10 min. at this resolution. i used 2 area lights and one distant light.

Scott Gammans
10-22-2004, 08:43 AM
It's a nice start, but it doesn't look anywhere near finished. For starters, the car seems to be "standing on its tiptoes"... the tires barely touch the ground plane and don't seem to have any weight bearing down on them.

More importantly, the car seems to be missing a LOT of details. Where are the door handles? Where are the wheel spokes? Where is the front grille, interior details, front license plate, etc., etc...?

Are you sure you posted this picture in the correct forum?

conehead
10-22-2004, 10:28 AM
thanks, for the critic. yes, i know its the right forum i posted it. i don't wanted a model with grills, bmw logo, door handles,... this is the finished model. its not my best but i think the render could be acceptable.

o the tires don't touch de ground. i'll correct it. :cool:

miso popovic
10-23-2004, 11:04 AM
Nice modeling, try changing the color of the wheel spokes, make them more metal. You should realy use Radiosity and HDRI, this would IMHO make a big difference. Also,make the glass a bit more reflective or something, so something is happening on it and it doesen't look like a big black poly.

Spy
10-26-2004, 02:55 PM
the back of the side panel above the front wheel seems to come out a bit to much ... well actualy the whole edge is a bit to much ... makes it kind of spikey ... maybe slidly pull back a couple of points ...

And The headlights ... they need some glass or something .. it dos not look right .... well that's my opinion ..

Greetz ...

conehead
10-27-2004, 06:58 AM
ok, thanks for the critics!!! i'll correct it in a few days (i'm not sure but was that english?? :o )

phil