PDA

View Full Version : Nightsky

Tiger
10-21-2004, 04:48 PM
Good evening!

I just got the "1001 tips & tricks- book" and it`s very nice!

In this render I used only "Texture environments".
A FBM procedural texture to form the nebula and a Crust procedural
for the stars.

Now...get that book :D

Doran
10-21-2004, 11:00 PM
I don't mean to be overly critical because it's nice to see some fresh creativity.. but there is something odd about the stars.. They are all the same size and brightness and look more like insect eggs stuck to the window your character is looking out of.

If you are using points as stars make sure you are using different
"line sizes" on mixed groups of stars.

Also with the clouds lit like they are, there aught to be a moon or it should be just dusk.. either way fewer stars would be visable from earth because of the brightness. At first I thought she might be viewing stars from a spaceship but the clouds look planetary.

Hervé
10-21-2004, 11:14 PM
and the eye of that cat... he he well hide.... :D

Tiger
10-22-2004, 02:49 PM
Yes...the stars looks not so real. But it`s take just 1-2 min. to make and it`s therefor called "Quick Space" and there is no points here.

The stars are a procedural texture called "Crust". Coverage 0.05, Ledge and widht
0.2 and texture size 1m.

The sky is a "FBM" procedural texture set to 150m, inverted, have 50% contrast and layer opacity level set to 50%.

The eye I added just to scare you :p

starbase1
10-23-2004, 04:06 AM
Add more layers for the stars - you want very sparse bright stars, with more and more fauint ones. Also I'd sugest restricting your blue glows to a much smaller portion of the image.
Nick