PDA

View Full Version : Audio Buzzing/distorting vt4

Randall Chesbro
10-21-2004, 02:28 PM
I have the VT4Pro i have the new card and over all it seems to be working. although
if i work on it for a while go a way afew hours later (just guessing) i come back to find some buzzing? distortion on the audio. if i reboot its ok.
just thought someone should know. for the next update.

thanks. randy c

Jim Capillo
10-21-2004, 02:39 PM
What kind of case are you using ? Is there enough ventilation? You may want to try running it with the side cover off and a fan pointed at the card.

There were audio problems in the previous versions, but the current card/software has been rock solid audio wise.

:confused:

Randall Chesbro
10-21-2004, 02:44 PM
i never had this problem befor i got the new card. I have a cube case and enough fans to be anoying. like i said all i have to do is reboot. not turn it off and its fine.

Jim Capillo
10-21-2004, 02:50 PM
Just guessing, but it might be a software driver issue from an older build.

I'd try a total uninstall/reinstall as well as a registry cleanout and see if that makes a diff.

imagodei
10-26-2004, 06:50 PM
I just installed the new VT[4] and it's my first Newtek product. Everything seems peachy except for the audio. All audio using the VT[4] is horribly distorted, no matter what I seem to do (short of not using the VT[4]). It's not a ventilation problem, as the case is well ventilated and I've been checking the temperature since installing... I haven't straight off the VT[4] card, all audio and video has been running from the SX-84.

Please help!

Update:

Gotta love computers! Even though I had tried everything short of a full install of the hardware...after about the 8th random restart or so, the audio finally worked. Mostly. It will work with everything, whether run through VT or not, except of course for iTunes...my music app of choice. Figures. Well I guess I'm back on WMP 10...

ted
10-27-2004, 12:43 PM
Is your card installed in a 32-bit or 64-bit slot?

imagodei
10-27-2004, 02:26 PM
32 bit...

Like I amended to the post...works great now...except with iTunes. I did a brief search of the forums and found that multiple people have had problems with iTunes and the VT audio...but no one has ever posted a solution...

radams
10-27-2004, 03:00 PM
Here is the issue and a solution...

VT doesn't play nice with other audio devices drivers in the system...so if you have another audio device on your motherboard...this causes issues with the VT video drivers...

One solution is to make the other audio device the default in Windows...BUT there is a HUGE problem with this because any QT playback or iTunes will be SEVERELY distorted and messed up...

To correct this VT needs to be the default audio device in Windows...

So it is a catch 22...

The easiest solution is have VT be the ONLY audio device on the system and uninstall /disable all others...

Hope that helps ;)

Cheers,

ScorpioProd
10-27-2004, 03:09 PM
Now if only VT[4] audio was ASIO driver based...

imagodei
10-27-2004, 05:12 PM
Well, after deleting the drivers for the mobo audio...I'm now listening to "Say What You Say" by Eminem (feat. Dr. Dre of course) in iTunes...

Thanks for the help...

Matt Drabick
11-06-2004, 08:52 AM
Just a thought . .. under VT[3] sometimes the audio would drop out after playing for 30 minutes, etc. One fix was to make sure all of the IDE hard drives, CD-RWs, DVD burners were set to DMA and not PIO.

Matt Drabick,
DigiTek Systems
Raleigh, NC

pfrench
11-08-2004, 10:53 AM
This problem has been fixed and will be in the next update.

JReble
11-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Which problem? Is there an audio glitch in the software? Will it allow for simultaneous standard audio cards and drivers? Or will it be ASIO based??

pfrench
11-08-2004, 12:29 PM
The audio glitch in the software. It resulted from external events causing performance hits on the RTME. The "hit recovery" code had a small problem that would cause the software to lose track of the audio hardware's state.

wvp
11-09-2004, 05:58 AM
This problem has been fixed and will be in the next update.
This sounds like a potential wide-spread problem, any idea when the next update will be out?

bryansclark
11-11-2004, 09:37 AM
No idea when it will be out, but until then I've noticed that Killing RTME often (but not always) fixes the problem temporarily...

Unfortunately, you have to do it quite frequently, but it should help the people who are rebooting every time. :)