PDA

View Full Version : LW8 to Bodypaint Exchange Issues?

Cheetah1
10-21-2004, 01:00 PM
Anyone getting the exchange from LW8 to Bodypaint to work?

I have 7.5d running also and it works fine. Using the same default texture path and BodyPaint 3D Path in LW8 gives me a "Can't start Body Paint 3D! Please check if the application path really exists" error.

Help!

G5 dual 2.5 with 10.3.5, lw 8.0.1, BodyPaint 8.206

Thanks!

macdubh
10-23-2004, 08:12 PM
G'day

I had the same problem. The demo version worked fine in the default directory but the full version stubbornly displayed the same message. Strangely though, on a my home workstation (single G4) everything works fine from the default location. Having tried the usual of trashing prefs etc I just copied the executeable into the Applications folder and pointed to that. You have to copy the subdirectories as well to applications which makes the folder messy but it works for me.

cheers

G

Hoopti
10-23-2004, 09:42 PM
I'm not a Mac user, but on the PC version, you have to specify this information via the prefs command that is also a plugin command from Maxon which then should allow you to point to the things that you need in the places they are.

Hope that helps. I've got a funky directory setup on my pc, and once I did this it worked like a champ in both 7.5 and 8.

Hoop

Cheetah1
10-25-2004, 05:34 PM
For Future Reference:

Contacted Maxon Tech support and this is their response:

"Lightwave 8 came out after Bodypaint 2 was already released, which is why you are experiencing problems with the exchange. This bridge needs to be updated to work with the changes that have taken place from Lightwave 7.5 to 8. The Exchange supports version 7.5c of Lightwave. This does not mean that you cannot paint your models from Lightwave in Bodypaint until the exchange is updated. Bodypaint can read both .lwo and .obj export formats which both retain UV information.

Regards,
MAXON Technical Support"

Thanks for your help, folks. Guess we'll have to wait for the update...yippee.

id-box
10-29-2004, 07:32 AM
Hi

Maxon post an update for LW8.01

Read the news

http://maxon.net/index_e.html

id-box