PDA

View Full Version : aura development

czesiu
10-20-2004, 03:31 PM
Hi E-body,

The LightWave s now at 8.0 wersion that s great, no doubt.

But I wonder why the Aura is not following that track.

Will Aura be developed or the 2.5b version is the final chapter in this great software package history.

Actualy there is few issues that could still be improved.

Cheers
czesiu :o

Whelkn
10-20-2004, 04:12 PM
Aura did get upgraded and is called Mirage Now. You can check it out at the http://www.bauhaussoftware.com

Jeremy

czesiu
10-20-2004, 05:24 PM
Hi Whelkn,

Thanks for the tip. So this mean that NewTek has nothing more to do with Aura and with support?

Is that rigth the NewTek works only with LW?

Cheers
czesiu :)

robewil
10-20-2004, 07:57 PM
Is that right the NewTek works only with LW?Newtek also is the company that makes the VT[4] suite of video products that happens to include Aura 2.5b. It is unclear, however, whether or not Newtek will do any further development with Aura.

Whelkn
10-21-2004, 01:19 AM
and VT[4] is pretty sweet I might add... :D

Jeremy

czesiu
10-21-2004, 01:53 AM
Well, VT[4] is sure very good package but it is only NTSC version, therefore it is useless for me since in Sweden TV system is PAL.

Cheers
czesiu

Whelkn
10-21-2004, 08:59 AM
Thats funny--Im doing a video all in PAL right now. The VT[4] does both standards. It will ship in Europe next month but you could get VT[3] right now if you wanted.

Jeremy

czesiu
10-21-2004, 09:12 AM
Well, Well, it was not so funny when I was about to purchase the VT in begining av '90's, to my Amiga 4000, there was only VT for NTSC.

Therefore I had to choose something else, and my choice was MovieShop from Macrosystems in Germany, it worked well and I was very satisfied with its performance however it could only output S-VHS format so the quality was not perfect.

Then I had to change the platform to Windows, since Amiga was devastated by its owners, and there was Canopus video editing system that is great piece of hard and software so choose it work with Canopus and EDIUS2.5 editing software.

As you can see there is no place now for me to change the system since I have all my productions made on EDIUS from Canopus and what I am just doing is to connect the best stuff from two or rather three worlds Canopus, NewTek and Bauhaus.

Cheers

UnCommonGrafx
10-21-2004, 09:27 AM
You do understand that this VT runs on the Windows platform, since NT to now XP Pro?

Some people actually have all of that in one machine.

czesiu
10-21-2004, 09:56 AM
Of course it runs on Win I did not thought anything else.
However as I mentioned earlier now I work with Canopus it is very powerfull with all the Audi and Video mixers DVCam/DV/S-VHS/Composit output.
I am very satisfied with it and finaly it cost also few grand so it is no way to change the system.

Nethertheless that all my production is made on EDIUS software and I could have no chance to convert them in any way.

Cheers

UnCommonGrafx
10-21-2004, 10:02 AM
Got it...You mean you won't move, not that you couldn't.

And I can understand that. Edius looks to be very cool. And if you want Aura, since you have the need/desire, check out Mirage. I have it and it works well and the direction they seem to be headed is quite positive.

Enjoy the day.

czesiu
10-21-2004, 10:11 AM
It is actualy more that I couldn't move than I won't since as you probably understand the Canopus stuff cost few grand to purchase.
The same is about the VT. Therefore it is not so easy to just throw a way thousands of $ just for changing the system.

Actualy I like new stuf when it takes video production, etc but it is not so cheep to change whenever something new show on the market.
However I wish it would be so, but the real life is not so easy as we often would like to.

Yes I have been checking the Mirage since I have been usin Aura for few years and it ould be great with a little more powerfull stuff and at least few improvemwnets which Mirage deilvers.

I am considering the purchase of Mirage, soon.

Cheers