PDA

View Full Version : going nuts with bone adjustment - please help me rotate correctly!

iamnotmad
10-19-2004, 07:00 PM
Hi everyone - I have imported a poser model using green briars tools, and auto rigged it with the same tools. The bone layout is not ideal, but sufficient for my current needs. My problem is that the shin bones are not rotated correctly for them to bend at the knee properly using IK Booster (which while slow on my machine is great).

I've tried twisting the bone with bone twist, rotating it, align pitch, etc... while I can adjust the bone all sorts of ways, then reactivate it, the rotation axes are always the same when I turn IK Booster on so it rotates wrong! please help!

So basically my question is what tool, or how can I adjust the bone so that the rotaion axes represented with IK Boost are modified.

Thanks for any info.

iamnotmad
10-19-2004, 07:27 PM
I got it! Record Pivot Rotation is my new best friend.

iamnotmad
10-24-2004, 10:45 AM
Hi everyone, I am having a problem with the bone twist tool (control jumping to infinity) - I did a search and discovered the issue has been thoroughly reported. I did not see any recent posts on it. I assume it was not fixed in 8.01 correct? Is there an expected release date for a fix for this?

Thanks much.