PDA

View Full Version : Deep Exploration

jasonwestmas
10-19-2004, 05:20 PM
Hello, Have any of you Lightwavers ever use Deep Exploration with Lightwave?

I own a license and I'm trying to get my walk cycle to translate to DirectX. I'm not using IK just 100% weight maps and bones. For the most part I am just rotating parented bones to animate. It works real well and it looks beautiful in the DE viewer. It's just when I convert it to .x that the rotated bone key frames disappear. The only animation that remains is the Move/Translate keys for the object. So basically no bone keys and/or weights are translating to .x, just the movement of the object it'self. Any pointers as to how to configure a bone/ weight animation for directX would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou.

Jason

jasonwestmas
10-20-2004, 06:02 PM
Well it turns out that Deep Exploration has a bug in it when converting a LW scene to the .x format. The work around in DE is to first convert the model to .rh, reload the .rh file and then export to .x. Should work fine! If any of you would like to purchase this program it can be found at www.righthemisphere.com

mcclell
08-10-2006, 10:32 PM
very useful, i would have spent forever figuring that out! thanx

sculptactive
08-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Yeh, thanks for the tip. What version of DE are you using by the way?

colkai
08-11-2006, 02:53 AM
I "upgraded" from 3D-Explorer to Deep Exploration a long time ago, but haven't bothered upgrading since.
The old program would allow you to tackle Max3 scenes and export them, now it expects MAX to be loaded to work, bit of a sly move that.

I also find, DeepExp tends to crash a heck of a lot more than 3D-Exp so, though it's on my PC, I find myself loading up the 'older' package more.

jasonwestmas
08-11-2006, 09:57 AM
DE 3.5 works awesome for me with DX format. Doesn't crash anymore than lightwave 9 does on my machine, so in other words, not much ;)

sculptactive
08-11-2006, 11:05 AM
3.5 works good for me too.
It's one of those programs I do not use much but when I do I'm glad I own it.
4's out but will wait a bit.