PDA

View Full Version : not sure on render

Stormrazor
10-19-2004, 04:58 PM
Ok trying to learn and understand rendering.

In LW 8.01 or whichever is the update. Anyways I have rendered one of the examples from the disk but it has no way the save as avi or quicktime just single stills......Do I have to get a third party to put it in movie format? or am I missing something? If have to get third party program any recommendations?

private
10-19-2004, 06:35 PM
Take all the frames that are in sequential order, and then use a free program like virtualdub to put it together and make an .avi. Never render out .avi files because if your render crashes, you lose everything. If you render out frames, then you just pick up where you left off. Image having to render a 20 hour project and the render craps out at 19 hours. Then you have to render again!?! Render out frames and render in passes.

Silkrooster
10-19-2004, 09:57 PM
Pressing F9 is for rendering stills. Pressing F10 is for rendering animations. Below is an image of the the render options. To get to that panel, select render from the tabs at the top. Then on the left select render options. Towards the bottom of the panel you will see Output files tab. Select that, Now you can decide if you wish to render an animation file like avi, quicktime, etc. or to render a sequence of images that you can put together in another program like a video editor. Which one you choose will depend on the size of the file. Small files, like test renders, you may wish to use an animation file format. On large files that may take several hours to days to render, you may opt to use an image sequence. The reason for the later is that you can render a few frames, stop, then render some more. This is also prefered to those that have had Lightwave crash for one reason or another. Not to mention power outages. Nothing like being almost done and have thepower go out. Leaving you with no choice, but to rerender. Which is what would happen if you had choosen an animation file format. It is also possible to render to both an animation file and a image sequence at the same time.
To render to an animation file format.
1) place a check mark in the animation box
2) Type in a name for the file you wish to save
3) Select the box side of type and make a selection
4) Selection option and choose a codec for the animation file.
To render a sequence
1) Place a check mark in the save RGB box
2) Type in a name for the file you wish to save(Once the render is complete there will be a number after that file name for the sequence.)
3) In the type drop down box, select what format you wish to save the file in. (Make sure you choose one that can be imported by your other program.)
If you render a sequence, it is possible to load that sequence back into Lightwave and have Lightwave render an animation file later, this is great when you want to do some post editing of an image in a program like Photoshop.
I hope this has help
Silk

mattclary
10-20-2004, 05:01 AM
Or, you could read the documentation, if you have any.

sdarpel
11-30-2004, 01:12 PM
I've seen it all over as a render option. But, how DO you load the image sequence back into LW and assign it ot the backrground?

Silkrooster
11-30-2004, 06:04 PM
Click on the button that says image editor, there you can load a sequence. You should only have to select one file out of the sequence and LW will load the rest as long as they are named the same are are numbered, which is how they are when your render a sequence.
Press Window>compositing options... and you will find a place to load a background image.
Silk

UnCommonGrafx
11-30-2004, 07:35 PM
You no have no manual?