PDA

View Full Version : Modelling R34 GTR using 350Z tutorial? bad idea?

r34skyline
10-19-2004, 09:46 AM
hey everyone,

trying to model a R34 GTR using the newtek 350Z tutorial, but it's not working out the best :(

should i be able to use the tute to create a R34 GTR or is it not gong to work?

i'm having trouble with the welding points bit at the moment.

cheers.

Jirapong
10-19-2004, 01:52 PM
Iwent through 350Z tutorial, and something after that I did the new beetle based on the 350Z tutorial IDEA. I mean IDEA.
Once you learn the other technique, you will be able to adopt it and find your own way.
Feel free to try. We all are learning from making mistake and there are more ways to get around in Lightwave.

Have fun,

r34skyline
10-19-2004, 08:10 PM
i know there are ways around it, but i'm not very fluent in lightwave (just started it a few months ago... uni) and we've been taught f*ck all so i'm finding it a little hard to come up with my own ways around the problems. I can follow the 350Z one fine, just with the GTR being a rather different body shape, a few of the steps in the tute don't really apply.

guess i'll just find a way around :)

and if anyone knows of any good tutes for GTR's or Porsche's or Ferraris, let me know! :D

Jirapong
10-19-2004, 10:47 PM
I know how you feel. I'm not an expert either. I had a really hard time when first moved to LW.
I also made 4-5 time before getting the beetle right in my eye. Definitely, not exactly 100% accurate.
And now I'm learning XSI and I thought I'm feeling the same way asyou.

Keep goinh