PDA

View Full Version : Secondary Monitor + VT-Vision

Jaffro
10-19-2004, 09:45 AM
Hey people,

I'm a student and i've been landed the task of fixing our VT[3] after the previous run of technical tutors couldn't seem to get it working properly. (stupid i know!) Well i've solved almost all the problems they were having bar one...

Basically the VT-Vision window doesn't play on the secondary monitor, it just freezes on the last frame it was on in the primary monitor.

Its not hooked upto the net so its a bit annoying trying to update video drivers (but if anyone thinks this will work i'll get onto it). The current drivers are the 56.72 nvidia ones (its got a Quadro4 580 XGL card), i've already re-installed it once after trying to access the advanced display options it would come up with a "catastrophic failure", re-installing has solved that. I was hoping for something like advanced openGL that solved some LW multimonitor problems a while back, but no luck (unless i'm just looking in the wrong place?).

Any insight or info would be really helpful. I'm sure during its early days the vt3's vt-vision worked on the secondary monitor.

Any suggestions would be great. If you need more info just ask pleassseeee.

Many many thanks guys,
Jaffro

Jim Capillo
10-19-2004, 10:06 AM
Well, the first thing you need to do is turn off the NVidia Desktop Manager. That eats up resources.

Span the video across the monitors at 2560 X 1024. That should give you access to both monitors.

I've (and a few others) also had problems with certain drivers. For a long time, I ran 45.33 (I think).

Any other hints as to what's happening?

Ivan
10-19-2004, 10:18 AM
I think your idea to make the screen 2560 x 1024 should do it. It sounds like they are not spanning the monitors.

Ivan

Jaffro
10-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Ah yea, thats a good idea. I dont think it is spanning, i'll look into it tommrow when i go back into college. Sounds like that will be the solution to me - seems to make sense.

I'll download that driver and stick it on my usb pen just incase too.

Cheers guys! :)

SBowie
10-19-2004, 02:58 PM
Ah yea, that's a good idea. I dont think it is spanning, I'll look into it tommorow when i go back into college. Sounds like that will be the solution to me - seems to make sense.Correct - this will occur if the dual display has been configured using the Windows dual support (located in the main Display>Settings panel), rather than the nVidia variant (opened with the Advanced button in the same panel.) If this is so, you'll need to disable the second monitor in the first (Settings) panel by RMB-clicking on it to get this to work correctly.

Jaffro
10-20-2004, 03:59 PM
Just wanted to say a big THANKS GUYS :D Works just how i remember it now.

Glad to have such a great friendly response from you all :)