PDA

View Full Version : WindowShade X

Darth Mole
10-19-2004, 01:48 AM
Do you constantly struggle for real-estate on your LW screen, constantly opening and closing panels? I've been using WindowShade X for ages, which enables you to double-click a window pane and minimise it like you used to be able in OS 9 (ie, just the title bar remains). This is great for keeping the Properties panel open, or the Graph Editor, while leaving the main window free of clutter.

Anyway, they've now updated it to v3.5 and it features a Minimise-in-Place feature, kind of like the dock, so you can have tiny thumbnail of all your windows open. They expand slightly when you mouse over them and maximise again with a single click. It also lets you apply the effect on a per-app basis, so you can set up each application as you like. And it's all of $10...

http://www.unsanity.com/haxies/wsx

blabberlicious
10-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Great -

I'd buy it now if it minimised THESE freakin' windows ....(see attached)

Boy, the HUB in a disaster area, thinly disguised as a 'solution'.

Abandon hope all who enter ;-)

Darth Mole
10-19-2004, 02:31 PM
:)

Sorry - just works with apps that are currently active.

(And yes, I see an awful lot of that little window, too...)

luka
10-19-2004, 04:00 PM
ha ha. I can relate to those windows. I wonder whatever happens to the report once you submit it? Does it eventually get sent to Newtek? Or does Apple send it some processing dept., then it gets cataloged into a huge database and at the end of the week it spits out the 10 most crashed apps and reasons?

blabberlicious
10-20-2004, 06:08 AM
Well, I hope sending those Crash reports doesn't generate any paperwork, otherwise NT could face prosecution for crimes against the environment, as well as punitive storage fees from Apple.

What a great revenue stream for Apple.

;-)

monovich
10-20-2004, 09:59 AM
hey! I recognize that little panel! where have I seen it before?