PDA

View Full Version : Particle Previews Jump Around?

roberthurt
10-19-2004, 01:04 AM
I've noticed an odd problem in 8.0.1 with particle emitters (with hundreds of particles).

When i drag the slider to preview the particle motion, it looks OK for some run of frames, then the preview jumps randomly around as if for each frame the particles are being computed for a random seed. If at some point I pause, then run backwards, everything is consistent, and I can run it forward up to that point, but after that they seem to jump all over again.

Has anyone else noticed something like this?

jdavidbakr
10-20-2004, 03:21 PM
I've noticed an odd problem in 8.0.1 with particle emitters (with hundreds of particles).

When i drag the slider to preview the particle motion, it looks OK for some run of frames, then the preview jumps randomly around as if for each frame the particles are being computed for a random seed. If at some point I pause, then run backwards, everything is consistent, and I can run it forward up to that point, but after that they seem to jump all over again.

Has anyone else noticed something like this?

I did notice this, although I chalked it up to a display issue; I always save the .pfx file once I get the motion I like, haven't noticed any problems (other than the HV bug that I mentioned in another thread)