PDA

View Full Version : Rocket trail smoke effect URGENT HELP NEEDED

ehadint
10-18-2004, 04:45 PM
i am trying to make a rocket trail and i am having an unfixable error every third or fourth frame i get a gap in the smoke this looks terrible in the animation how can i fix this or is there a better way to animate the rocket trail

Triple G
10-18-2004, 10:40 PM
Firstly, I'd use a LOT more particles and keep them much smaller....that way you can get some nice effects by playing with their vibration/explosion rates as well as adding turbulence, billowing, etc. With such a small number of particles in one thin stream like that, you're really limiting yourself in terms of flexibility of the look you can achieve.

Secondly, is the problem you're getting showing up in a full render also, or just in OpenGL? By any chance do you have fractional keyframes enabled? I've noticed that the particles will jump into weird positions occasionally on subframes, but on whole frames everything appears fine. Just a thought....

ehadint
10-19-2004, 10:27 AM
the original animation had allot more particles, this one has fewer ones becuase i was trying to isolate the problem. i checked partial keys and it wasnt an issue. any other suggestions.
this problem shoes up in render and in opengl

hunter
10-19-2004, 12:26 PM
Maybe you could post your scene, or at least just the particle part of it. Made many smoke or dust trails and never saw this happen. :confused:

twister47
10-19-2004, 09:54 PM
Did you check the particle life time?

Under the emitter properties, its at the bottom of the particle tab.

Just a shot in the dark.

JulianW
10-20-2004, 05:38 AM
Hi,

from the images it looks like the particles are there but no HVs are being created (or at least seem to be visible) for some of them.

There are a few things (which you may well have tried already) you could do to try to find where the problem is.

Remove all textures/envelopes from the HV Particle Size and Size Variation
parameters
Remove all textures/envelopes from the HV Opacity and Density parameters
Change the HVs from Sprite to Surface mode

Hope you get it working,

JW.

ehadint
10-20-2004, 11:31 AM
I have tried the methods that you guys have suggested. i still have had no luck, if there is anything alse you might try to suggest i would greatly appreciate it.

Hoopti
10-20-2004, 07:04 PM
What's the shading setup you're using on your HVs? Post the scene up and we'll take a look and see if we can help.

Hoop

DAMAKERS
11-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Can u post an image of the HV shaders and Hypertexture settings?... the problem is hiding in there... and if is possible the setup of the emiter (Generator and Particle setups) just to check it.

Need that to really help. :)

Javier.