PDA

View Full Version : My UV Maps are a bunch of crop!

bcicio
10-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Hi Guys. I'm trying to create and apply a UV map for the first time and have run into a problem. When I create my UV map (even from a very simple opbject), portions of the resulting UV map extend a little beyond the u,v grid axes. When I export my UV map to eps, the portions of the UV map that had extended beyond the u,v axes are cropped off and are not included in the resulting eps file. I've even tried setting one of the eps export options to "fit page", but it made no difference.

I'm finding it pretty frustrating when trying to solve a specific problem using Newtek's online web help content or .pdf manual. If anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong I would appreciate it. My guess is I must somehow extend the u,v coordinates grid out to a greater extent.

Forgot to mention that I found no eps export option under Export, so I added the epsexport plug-in via the Utilities tab. I assume that was the right thing to do.

Thanks

xchrisx
10-18-2004, 05:29 PM
While your UV Map is still selected, change one of the viewports to UV Texture. Then in point selection mode you can drag the points around in the viewport or in your case back into the uv grid. hope this helps.

-chris

bcicio
10-18-2004, 07:58 PM
Thanks. I didn't realize I was allowed to do that. All I have to do is scale the UV map down a little and it will fit onto the grid.

xchrisx
10-18-2004, 08:02 PM
yep its actually really easy. im glad to help.

-chris