PDA

View Full Version : having a heart attack!! lw8

monfoodoo
10-18-2004, 12:56 AM
working on a scene for a week and a half.lw starts acting a little funny(not responding as usual) in modeler.so i saved the objects and the scene as always,even double my files. i restart the comp and try to load scene or object and get this report:

Format Error 109
For Loader $1 _ LWO 2.

tried in 7.5 same thing. all files are prefixed correctly.
what happened scott (i'm dying)

P Jespersen
10-18-2004, 08:13 AM
Hi monfoodoo,

It looks like it might be a problem with importing an object with layers.
Something may not be formated correctly in an object file loading into the scene.
Try loading each object separtately from the scene into Layout to see if you can narrow down the offending object.
If you can send me the files at [email protected] and we will find out what the issue is.

Peter

Peter Jespersen
3D Project Manager
Newtek

Exception
10-18-2004, 10:47 AM
I have had problems with damaged objects too, and I fear most people working full time with LW have.

Just an idea, would it be a good option to make a object repair tool for lightwave? One that scans for salvageable data?

P Jespersen
10-18-2004, 11:01 AM
Just an idea, would it be a good option to make a object repair tool for lightwave?

That's an idea.
But we need to look at problems like this and find out if it's a LW bug or not. If it is then it needs to be fixed. If it's not then a tool like the one you suggest may be the answer.
That's why I wanted to look at the files in question.

Peter

Peter Jespersen
3D Project Manager
Newtek

monfoodoo
10-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Will do , scott