PDA

View Full Version : Modeler Crash with Nvidia 6800?

Patlab
10-17-2004, 06:54 PM
I recently bought a gainward 6800, formley had a FX5200, both before and after i've been running Windows XP pro SP2. i've tried 3 diffrent drivers for the 6800 card, and tried both 8.0 and 8.0.01 but alas, Modeler will 100% crash if I in "Wireframe mode" or "Texture Wire" first select ..say layer 9 and then select some other layers and in the perspective mode try to move (rotate will not crash it) ..but move in the perspective layer..crash. Every time.

However, using textured mode or flatshade, smoothshade etc.. works just fine.

This never happend on the FX5200, making me think its a driver issue.

Is this a know problem ? will it go away when nvidia releases new drivers ? i've tried all the 6x.xx drivers they have ..with no luck.

It's very important it works because i cant work when it crashes every 5 minutes. and i need my wireframe shade.

BeeVee
10-18-2004, 02:05 AM
Have you tried turning on the Simple wireframe modes in the Modeler Display options? It's not a good long-term solution because it's slower, but it might help until those new drivers come out...

B

Patlab
10-18-2004, 06:17 PM
I tried as suggested but, also shutting down and restaring modeler just to save the settings and if it had to be initlized on startup. still the crash remain as desribed in earlier post.

The confusion rises even more when i can if i load the model spin it around and move it around no problem at all, untill i start deselecting and selecting layers and again with alt+shift move the around in the viewport. crash. but still, only in wire shaded and texture wire mode.