PDA

View Full Version : Rest On Ground Plugin - Recognise layers!

Matt
04-07-2003, 10:41 AM
Title says it all really!

Can we have the 'Rest On Ground' plugin in Modeler recognise layers please!

:D

evenflcw
04-08-2003, 02:00 AM
Hear, Hear!

The same thing was bugging me yesterday.

faulknermano
04-09-2003, 04:30 AM
hi,

can you be more specific.. i dont use Rest On Ground, per se, so i'm wondering what you mean by recognizing layers. do you mean that the plug should apply the rest on ground on all of the selected layers, individually?

evenflcw
04-09-2003, 06:48 AM
I hope Matt won't mind....

Right now the function only works on the forground layer with the lowest number. For example, if you have layers 2,3,4 in the foreground it will only rest the very first layer (2), nomatter what you do! Directly selecting polygons in layers 3 or 4 doesn't help either! Fact is, nothing at all happens if you do, as LW no longer considers the polygons in layer 2 as (indirectly) selected anymore and because the funtion just wont work on layers other than the first.

If I have 10 layers in the foreground, I naturally want all of them to be rested (if I haven't selected any polygons) after I've run RestOnGround only once.

Looking for something to script? :)

I don't use the function very often, but when you do need it you want it to work as you would expect it would.

Matt
04-09-2003, 07:52 AM
I use it daily, I import most models from SolidWorks, as a result the need to be scaled, rotated and centered (or as I prefer it, resting on the ground).

usually I separate the the various parts onto different layers, I nearly always do this after resting the model (because I forget!)

as evenflcw pointed out it only affects the top most foreground layer.

I could just try and remember to rest before separating the model, but why can't it work like the Centre plugin and affect the layers you select?

It would jsut be useful that's all.

faulknermano
04-09-2003, 09:07 AM
evenflcw: no i'm not looking for something to script. ;). i use a heavily modified Aligner script for my 'rest-on-ground' needs. i'm going to see if it behaves like how you said it.

Matt
04-09-2003, 11:30 AM
aaaaahhhhhh! Aligner does the job, never used it before, I'll be using that from now on then.

be nice to finish of the Rest On Ground plugin for completeness though!

:)