PDA

View Full Version : Why do you lose graph editor focus after setting key w/ return key?

Bliz
10-16-2004, 10:37 AM
When I'm in the Graph Editor and I set a key using the return/enter key, the focus of the gui shifts from the graph editor to the main window which is fine if you only wish to set one key in the graph editor.
But I usually want to set up more than one key via the graph editor (roughly edit some values or lay down some raw animation for an envelope) in which case I have to click back on the graph editor after setting each key otherwise I'm accidently setting a channel keyframe.

(just to be clear - I'm talking about the smaller 'value' key window you get in the graph editor rather than the main channel one.)

Triple G
10-17-2004, 03:10 AM
That's something that's annoyed me for a while, too. It simply is a case of bad programming, if you ask me. If I'm creating keys in the Graph Editor, let me STAY in the graph editor and continue making keys there until I tell the program that I want to leave. There is always the Create Key tool in the Graph Editor, which works well enough, but if you know exact values that you want to put in, it makes it a pain to have to click approximately where you want it, then select it and THEN type in the value that you wanted in the first place. It's little things like this that, if fixed, probably wouldn't make the feature list but would do a lot to help improve workflow.

exit6
10-17-2004, 11:27 AM
I totally agree. These are the little things that really get annoying when working with LightWave day after day. It makes me think, "is this really the right software?"

By the way, nice reel, Triple G. How do you get you Quicktimes to buffer like that? For some reason, mine always are white with a big "Q" until they're all the way loaded.

Triple G
10-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Hey...thanks, exit6. Streaming a movie is simple...I just export it from Quicktime Pro and check the "prepare for internet streaming" box. :)

exit6
10-18-2004, 12:56 PM
I knew I had to buy Quicktime Pro...