PDA

View Full Version : Can't find preset objects.

David Sisson
10-16-2004, 05:20 AM
I recently purchased a copy of the LW 7.5 Primer. It's an excellent tool for me sense I'm just getting into 3D. There is a place in the book where it instructs me to go to the objects directory of the Newtek folder. I can't find this directory, I can't find any preset objects at all. I do have an FX monkey plugin that has some LWO's but they are not the ones discussed in the book. Did I somehow miss these upon installation or did I somehow overwrite them with a plugin (if that's possible). If anyone has a clue what I'm talking about, please help. Thanks.

spud_q
10-16-2004, 10:08 AM
Must have, if you chose to install everything all of the content should be there in the same location as all the other Lightwave stuff. Depending on your operating system it may put the content in a different place. On mine everything is located in C:\Lightwave_3d_7.5\
If you still can't find it, search your hard drive for a folder named Objects. Finally if you just did not install all the content you should still be able to manually browse to all of the files in your Lightwave CD.

Good luck!