PDA

View Full Version : Where's the PASTE button???

bcicio
10-15-2004, 12:44 PM
Okay... I'm pretty new to LW and started getting familiar with the buttons and basic commands in LW7.5 -- only to have Newtek mess with my head by rearranging things in LW8. Not very nice to do to a newbe.

Anyway, there used to be 2 paste commands in LW7.5 -- one the typical clipboard PASTE that pasted to the original coordinates, and a second really nice PASTE that was a button under the "Duplicate" heading that allowed one to paste to any number of locations and as many times as you needed on the fly with theright mouse button.

Can someone please tell me where that second PASTE is located in LW8 or what new button can do the same thing? (Nowhere can I find it in the LW8 .pdf manual.) I have an object (like a little Monopoly game house) that I need to copy and paste to a number of specific locations (about 100) in a model and the regular clipboard paste just doesn't do it.

Thanks.

Brian Dumas
10-15-2004, 12:53 PM
You can select it from the left side toolbar under the Edit button, or press Control + V.
That works on my machine.

BAD

bcicio
10-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Actually, Control + V is the normal clipboard paste and the paste under the Edit button does the same. But I hadn't noticed (I must be blind) that the second paste tool that I was looking for is listed directly above it. Thanks!