PDA

View Full Version : video problems

hokeypokey
10-15-2004, 07:35 AM
Hello,
Just got a G5 2gig dp w/NVIDIA GeForce FX5200. When I open LW 8.0.1 and try to do anything in modeler, my perspective view is fine, but all the others turn solid gray, and I can't see my work. What gives? :confused:

WeAreTheLeeches
10-16-2004, 02:11 PM
i had exactly the same problem. to fix it you need to turn on "Simple wireframe points".

Display Options > Interface

hope this helps!

hokeypokey
10-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Thanks a lot for the tip Leeches! I will let you know what happens as soon as I get to work on Monday. :)

WeAreTheLeeches
10-17-2004, 03:09 PM
np

i love using lightwave on my G5, i used it on my PC before my mac arrived and its soooo much better now :D

currently i have 2gb of ram, and it seems to do ok. I might upgrade to 3 or 4 soon. apparantly photoshop really starts to sing at about 4gb of ram!!! :eek:

I have dual screens and its kewl to have modeler and layout open on diff screens!

hokeypokey
10-18-2004, 10:28 PM
Hey Leeches,
Thanks for your advice. It worked just fine. Sounds like you and I are in the same boat with our G5s. My employer let me go to four gigs, and yes PS is on fire. At home I'm still on the old Quicksilver, which is one reliable machine. Before the G5s arrived at work, we had the mirrored drive machines, and I didn't care for them much, very quarky, and not really worth upgrading to from the Quicksilver at home. But now, If I could just afford it for myself, I'd have that G5 w/8gigs of RAM - someday. ;)

WeAreTheLeeches
10-19-2004, 02:37 AM
Glad it worked. Sounds like its a problem with the nvidia cards......

Anyway, ive just been pricing up another 2gb of ram, and i may have to wait a while ;)

aris
10-22-2004, 05:44 PM
... and if the points are too chunky and are obscuring your view of the wireframe just turn point size down to 1.0.

It refers to the size of unselected points. Selected points are chunkier relative this point size.