PDA

View Full Version : Unable to load images?

Nova L
10-14-2004, 08:08 AM
Recently I had to re-install LightWave 7.5 because of a constant error I kept getting with LW7.5b patch. (Something about a message) I moved most of my models to a new folder and now I have to redirect the texture paths. Problem is I can't load any.... AT ALL.

Why can't I load any images in Modler and Layout? I've tried with Surface and Image editor but it won't load. No error messages or anything.... Just nothing!

Can someone please help me? :confused:

gjjackson
10-14-2004, 08:57 AM
I believe you can get the 7.5d version. But the loading image problem may be config file related. I would delete all the config files and go from there. It may be that the plugins that read files isn't working.

Silkrooster
10-14-2004, 09:24 PM
Have you changed the content directory to point to the new location. If you didn't, that maybe why the images aren't loading. Question, The images your refering to are they suppose to be loading with the object, or are you just trying to load an image in general to use for an object? The reason I ask is because generally loading an image does not require the content directory, however it would be good practice to place all your images in the image folder that your content directory points to. It make it much quicker to find.
Silk

Nova L
10-14-2004, 09:34 PM
Ahah, thanks everyone. It turned out it was a file/plugin/thing that was missing. I reinstalled the patch and now it's working.

Thanks again! :)