PDA

View Full Version : A.t



Jason Choi
04-07-2003, 12:19 AM
...

Jason Choi
04-07-2003, 01:48 AM
......

stoehr
04-07-2003, 02:31 AM
You always post beautiful renders. Very Nice!

NeilNafus
04-07-2003, 04:53 AM
Jason,

First off, beautiful render. I love the colors of the scene. I do however have a few crits to offer. The modeling on the section to camera left lacks detail both in surfacing and in the geometry. I would recommend adding more nurnies and detail to the lower sections of the floating city (the sides are real flat and undetailed). The pipes seem almost nonsensical in thier placement, no obvious funtion to them, adding some particle effects (smoke or steam) coming from some of them as well as additional details in the geometry. (sorry its early morning and I havent fully got my brain running so pardon me if some of this makes little to no sense)

Keep up the good work and I cant wait to see some posts as developes.



Neil Nafus
http://www.nafii.com.neil

Jason Choi
04-07-2003, 08:32 AM
Dear, freind.
Nice meet you. My name is Jason Choi. somebody
person told me "you're name is weird" at here.
BUT, I'm fine never mind for my name.=)

Anyway, Thanks a lot your discussion for me.
YOu're right, I agreed. I would show next time more the
detailing,texture,effect, etc. the I got go to sleep.=)

I can't sleep on sunday because of my project.

Sincerley yours,

J.S


Originally posted by NeilNafus
Jason,

First off, beautiful render. I love the colors of the scene. I do however have a few crits to offer. The modeling on the section to camera left lacks detail both in surfacing and in the geometry. I would recommend adding more nurnies and detail to the lower sections of the floating city (the sides are real flat and undetailed). The pipes seem almost nonsensical in thier placement, no obvious funtion to them, adding some particle effects (smoke or steam) coming from some of them as well as additional details in the geometry. (sorry its early morning and I havent fully got my brain running so pardon me if some of this makes little to no sense)

Keep up the good work and I cant wait to see some posts as developes.



Neil Nafus
http://www.nafii.com.neil

danilo
04-07-2003, 09:57 AM
Nice.Some fog may help.
danilo

Jason Choi
04-07-2003, 03:31 PM
Hi. Nice meet you.
Mr.danilo.

You're right. But, if we try this situation, I guess
a doesn't not support z-channel. It is not avaiable z-depth
RPFor RLA. just apear withe flat.
But i got trick about it. to use compositing programs.
i.e 5D, DF, shake.
then usually so many take long time if you try to make a clouds
seems like this .I had have testing aout 24 hour at my computer
a couple days ago that I have 1.4 AMD 1GB ram ATI radeon 128.
It's not bad. However, if you want to more the detail and good
quality you fine antialiasing at high level.
So many many time wanted it.

Thank you for your discussion.


Originally posted by danilo
Nice.Some fog may help.
danilo

Stewpot
04-07-2003, 03:42 PM
HI Jason,

Just wanted to say how much I like your picture.

Reminds me very much of the novel 'Cities in Flight' by James Blish,(at least I think it was him?).

Great work.

Jason Choi
04-08-2003, 02:23 AM
hi Mr,Stewpot.

thank you. and I'm glad meet you.
yeah, i would try to read that novel.
when i was young to watching on movie.
I'm remember made by miyazaki's the name is "laputa "

talk to you later.
J.S


Originally posted by Stewpot
HI Jason,

Just wanted to say how much I like your picture.

Reminds me very much of the novel 'Cities in Flight' by James Blish,(at least I think it was him?).

Great work.

shockwave
04-08-2003, 02:19 PM
Very nice peice of work! Good to see a local boys work here in the forums. How did you do the heat plume behind the thrusters?

pawn707
04-08-2003, 06:01 PM
Looks nice, but the bottom most jet/space ship gets a little lost against the cityscape. I'd recommend either a little DOF blur or perhaps some more atmosphere between the two.

Jason Choi
04-08-2003, 07:52 PM
Hi..shockwave.

I'm little bit things to addition by used painting in combustion.
But , you can use in aura or other composite programs.
It is matte painting to alpha channel and displacement paint.
We can use autopaint, animate paint, when i have been experience for 3D cell animation of theater.
I have been used illuminate paint. It is history tell you..
illuminate paint> paint* effect* >combustion
TV paint > aura.

You can use it any other software for displace paint.
It some little nit require to keyframe animate.

sorry, I wish more detail explain to you but not enough speak
to english skill. anyway, Thanks a lot.

Best,

J.S

P.s : I f i have finish my works i could show you better than more the upgrade version.



Originally posted by shockwave
Very nice peice of work! Good to see a local boys work here in the forums. How did you do the heat plume behind the thrusters?

Jason Choi
04-08-2003, 07:55 PM
hi. pawn707.
nice meet you. you're right. I wish I could show you next time
better than things before. sincerely thx for your discussion.

But i don't use it DOF much more better and easier to compositing


Originally posted by pawn707
Looks nice, but the bottom most jet/space ship gets a little lost against the cityscape. I'd recommend either a little DOF blur or perhaps some more atmosphere between the two.

ruud
04-09-2003, 01:47 AM
Nice mood in that image, does need some more detail in the model. I can imagine that those are some sort of antenna's beneath that city, but some antenna's are as wide as some buildings on top.

So, work on the detail... have fun!


Ruutert

Jason Choi
04-09-2003, 02:31 AM
OK. I see,
I will show you next time, you know it is NOT completely version.

Thanks a lot.

Sincerely yours,

J.S


Originally posted by ruud
Nice mood in that image, does need some more detail in the model. I can imagine that those are some sort of antenna's beneath that city, but some antenna's are as wide as some buildings on top.

So, work on the detail... have fun!


Ruutert

mattclary
04-09-2003, 07:07 AM
Whoooooa! F*** me! That's cool!