PDA

View Full Version : Saving scene as 1 object file

fronzel
10-12-2004, 12:07 PM
I'm ready to do some serious baking,

The building is 1 layered object file, wich might require a bit more slicing and diceing in to seperate layers so that the UV maps are'nt to huge to bake to. same with the ground object as well that I plan on slicing up in to smaller chunks for baking. I'm using microwave to do this which bakes per object.

The problem that I'm haveing is the trees. there are only 5 or 6 different tree models in the scene, those object files are each cloned a number of times, So if I bake a tree the baked texture won't apply to all the trees of that particular obj file since they are rotated and scaled and have each there own unique lighting. I guess I could go thourgh one tree at a time and save them out as a modified object. Yikes.

So I'm thinking that there might be plug in or some thing that might enable me to save the whole scene as is. then I could open up this massive model and slice it in to a grid, then make a uv for each square of the grid and put them all on a seperate layer.

I hope I'm making sense.

or if there is a better way to approach the baking of a scene that was'nt initally designed to be baked let me know.

fronzel
10-12-2004, 12:14 PM
Oh yeah and I hate those trees that I used. The reason thier blurry is because they buzz on video, they look wierd at hi rez like these. really I'd like to replace them with higher poly baked trees.

ugg....

must get this scene baked, then I can render it really huge and fast with high AA.