PDA

View Full Version : drill image to poly

monfoodoo
10-11-2004, 11:47 PM
how do i drill an image(letters) into a poly? i seen it somwhere,but can't find it.
scott

Silkrooster
10-12-2004, 12:18 AM
In ver 8. it is construct>combine>drill.
In ver 7.5 it is multiply>combine>drill.
Silk

Silkrooster
10-12-2004, 12:28 AM
I forgot, make sure your letters are in the background to drill or it won't work. Select an empty layer and the bottom half of the layer your poly is on, then create your text. Next switch your layers using the ' key (thats the key with the open quotes on it.)
Now you can use the drill command. There is a difference between solid drill and drill. If your text is not extruded use the drill command. if it is extruded use the solid drill command or combine>subtract. The drill command does not add geometry, while the combine command does. When using the drill command there are more options, tunnel will create a hole in the object like a tunnel. Stencil will make a copy of your text onto the poly. Core works like coring an apple. Slice works like slicing bread. Hope this helps
Silk

monfoodoo
10-12-2004, 01:31 AM
i thought there was a way it would cut the letter into the poly from a bw image.i got the transfer image to work ok as a whole. maybe it was the cookie cutter plugin that does this? scott