PDA

View Full Version : Merchandise ideas for NEWTEK - Newtek Keyboard

Ade
04-06-2003, 11:23 PM
How about some hardware or software ideas for newtek:

A newtek keyboard with all the shortcuts and keys labeled to their functions. This would give more consistency between the mac/pc platforms. There are similar keyborads for logic/avid/prem users. I think this would take off, id buy one in a hurry!
Could be blue toothed and clear to match macs or black for pc and mac usrs who want neutral colours. Keys could be backlit for dark room work... Who else likes this idea or has a similar one?

Newtek keyboard - $180-200aus.

hdindustrial
04-06-2003, 11:37 PM
I Want one! Guess we all have to change the key commands in LightWave directly for now:(

Ade
04-07-2003, 04:19 AM
A gui version from Apples FCP4...

http://a1632.g.akamai.net/7/1632/51/95c3cd7a8633cc/www.apple.com/finalcutpro/images/customizetop04072003.gif

Ade
04-20-2003, 10:29 AM
looks like the next best thing, configured to your needs! (http://www.logickeyboard.com/)

http://www.logickeyboard.com/xxresources/Nye_billeder/adobe_photo_rondell_1.gif

Im going to email them to make a lightwave set, unless NEWTEK announces their own?

JackDeL
04-20-2003, 11:39 AM
Im going to email them to make a lightwave set, unless NEWTEK announces their own? [/B]

I just e-mailed them to! A keyboard for Lightwave is a great idea! (as long as you stick to the default key setup anyway:D )

cremegg
04-20-2003, 06:28 PM
Keep us posted if you receive feedback from them, I need a new toy ;), Thnx.

Ade
04-20-2003, 10:06 PM
I emailed them and got an auto response saying they are on holidays for 2 days...
I feel this is a really good idea and is very usful and would add that eliteness NEWTEK has. They keyboard would be better off if they made it themselves because then they would have more control over what keys go where.

They could also use it in bundles like:
Newtek package LW+VT+keyboard.
or
Apple G4 (or compaq/HP) +LW+ keyboard...

I would like to know what beamtracer, chuck and the rest of the guys think too?

JackDeL
04-21-2003, 07:23 PM
I received an email concerning the Lightwave keyboard. it states:

Jack,
We don't have it in our current plans at this time, but check back every
few months.

Best Regards

Lori Hubbs

Oh Well!:(

Ade
04-21-2003, 10:25 PM
Upto NEWTEK now...

JackDeL
04-24-2003, 05:36 PM
Hey Guys,

I received an e-mail from Michael Hvitved , at Logickeyboard concerning my inquiry into the Lightwave version.

He said:

Hi Jack,

At the moment we have no plans, but we are always int. if you have good
ideas, layouts.

Rgds,
Michael Hvitved
Logickeyboard Support Team

He gave me permission to post his e-mail here so we could send our Ideas to him. His e-mail is: [email protected]

Who knows, maybe we could make something happen!
:cool:

Ade
04-25-2003, 05:55 AM
Well would this keyboard need to be compatible with video toaster and aurora as well? Does all newtek appz share the same keyboard short cuts?

JackDeL
04-26-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Ade
Well would this keyboard need to be compatible with video toaster and aurora as well? Does all newtek appz share the same keyboard short cuts?

I don't know about the short cuts for Aurora or Toaster. Since Newtek does not currently offer them on the Mac side. I would use it for Lightwave only. ;)

archiea
04-28-2003, 08:25 PM
Hey, I like my keyboard... fits all three of my hands perfectly....

prospector
04-29-2003, 12:38 PM
Ade...no

shortcuts are set by cfg. files for each program

but maby a Dual keyboard??
Can keyboards be set so either one runs on the same wires?
HMMM I got a few here I could take the cord from computer and 'T' off to 2 keyboards and see if they will work.

that would impress any customers to see that ya run 2 keyboards on 1 computer with 2 monitors :D

And all the pretty colors for each shortcut would look cool.

But we need someone to sell just the buttons and a hardware 'T' (kinda like a networking 'T' )
so we don't have to spend lots of money for all new keyboards.

JackDeL
04-29-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by prospector
but maby a Dual keyboard??
Can keyboards be set so either one runs on the same wires?

I don't think that would work, but you could always plug two usb keyboards into a usb hub and switch as you need to!.:D

Ade
04-29-2003, 09:54 PM
OK then just a LW keyboard seeing im on a mac thats all id need seeing toaster isnt ported...

prospector
04-30-2003, 11:58 AM
OOOHHHH:eek:
fergot about USB:)

So alls we really need is someone to make up the buttons to replace on any keyboard:D