PDA

View Full Version : DVEs fade audio?

Ric
04-06-2003, 10:53 PM
OK, here are a few of my most pressing questions, these regarding audio in TEd:

Is it my imagination or do DVEs in TEd fade the audio along with the video effect? Can this be prevented?

Also, once video and audio tracks are split, is there a simple way to rejoin them? The radio button in edit box doesn't seem to do it.

Also, is it possible to dynamically eq tracks that are already digitized within TEd?

What about audio features like normalize? Does that exist in the Toaster world?

Thanks.

Scott Bates
04-07-2003, 07:50 AM
Is it my imagination or do DVEs in TEd fade the audio along with the video effect? Can this be prevented?
Yes and Yes; in the Audio properties turn off the two "Auto" buttons at the bottom of the Edit Properties panel.

Also, once video and audio tracks are split, is there a simple way to rejoin them? The radio button in edit box doesn't seem to do it.
Highlight both the audio & corresponding video clip, right-click on one of them and select Lock Streams. Think this works only if you're using the original audio & video streams.

Also, is it possible to dynamically eq tracks that are already digitized within TEd?
No

What about audio features like normalize? Does that exist in the Toaster world?
No

RomainR
04-07-2003, 07:51 AM
In the edit properties, go to an audio panel and at the lower left you should see Fade in and Fade out with an Auto button highlighted. Unhighlight the auto and it will stop following the DVEs.

EQ- not.

Normalize- not.

Hopefully we'll get some new audio toys in T[3].

RomainR
04-07-2003, 07:52 AM
Hello Scott,

I guess you must type faster than I.

Top of the morning to ya.

Scott Bates
04-07-2003, 11:42 AM
And to you also Romain. Only beat you by a minute or less - timing is everything :)

Ric
04-12-2003, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the help, guys. No more problem with the audio following the effects.

However, when trying to relink separated audio & video tracks, I don't see the relinking menu item unless it's just after I have unlinked them. What am I missing?

In any case, now I have a much bigger problem: Have just completed 2 edit projects (one about 40 minutes and the other about 36 minutes) and was trying to combine them into one by copying one and pasting it onto the end of the other. I got this to work, then attempted to put a tga file of SMPTE bars on the head of the whole new piece...

This crashed the Toaster and now I can't open either of the projects. The new renamed project had an ugly little icon that looks like a wood stove or something next to it. Nothing would open. Now, when I open undo redo stacks, most of the projects have that little stove next to them. A few don't but they won't open either.

I don't think the software is corrupted because I can open other files, save new projects, etc. I had this problem with the last long (1.5 hr.) project I did but somehow, finally got it to play long enough to roll to tape. That's all I want to do now.

Has anyone else had trouble with long projects?

Please HAAALLLP!