PDA

View Full Version : VT2 Card Not Recognized ... seen as a Raid Controler

mubul
10-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Hi there,

I teach broadcasting and digital media at a high school.

Recently we had to upgrade our computer with a new motherboard. We used the Intel SE750505VB2. We have used all the recommended hardrives, video cards and versions of Win 2K (SP3) that are recommended for the motherboard. The system runs very well under Win2K with SP3.

We have had two problems:

1. The VT2 card is not recognized, however there is a device "installed" under other devices as a Raid Controller. I can not find any drivers for the VT2 in the Videotoaster folder or the system32 folder.

2. Upgrading from the original install to 3890 changes nothing expect for a duplication of toaster files

Starting up VT results in Runtime Errors.

I have reinstalled a number of times. Turned of the computer with the plug removed. No effect.

Does the 3890 Full install CD for XP allow for a plugin play result for the card?

Are there any other solutions?

The VT is a lynch pin in our course... any help would be greatly appreciated. I know my students and I would be extrememyl grateful for a solution! :)

Cheers,

Murray Bulger
Argyle Secondary. Digital Media Program

D

Jim Capillo
10-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Try uninstalling the software again and then take out the card and then put it back in, between power downs, of course. Reinstall the software.

This should allow the PnP to see it (I'm guessing you mean the VT card is not listed in the hardware devices, right?) and you can finish the software install again.

mubul
10-11-2004, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the suggestion... no success... I move the card to another computer and the VT2 card was recognized. On the Intel SE7505VB2 motherboard, in any of the PCI slots, there was no detection of the card. For that matter, the LED light does not come on and the card is likely not powering up on bootup.

Newtek thinks it might be:

1. The BIOS on the card is too old and needs upgrading

2. The Intel SE7505VB2 motherboard will not recognize the card.

I am suprised if the motherboard will not recongnize the VT2 card (at least a more recent one) since it seems like a number of people have builft VT2 (and higher) using this specific motherboard.

However, if you research the Intel SE7505VB2 motherboard you will find quite a narrow range of video cards and other devices that it will work with. Of course the VT cards are not listed.

Can someone tell me if this specific motherboard, Intel SE7505VB2 motherboard, works with VT2, VT3 and/or VT4 cards?

I may have to swap out the motherboard for a more flexible one in regards to devices it accepts.

Advice would be much appreciated!!

Thanks

Murray

Jim Capillo
10-11-2004, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the suggestion... no success... I move the card to another computer and the VT2 card was recognized. On the Intel SE7505VB2 motherboard, in any of the PCI slots, there was no detection of the card. For that matter, the LED light does not come on and the card is likely not powering up on bootup.

How old is the MB?

mubul
10-11-2004, 11:10 PM
The motherboard is a week old but this model has been around for a year or so.

Jim Capillo
10-12-2004, 04:30 AM
Have you looked at the BIOS to see if PnP is active? Any other cards in the system? If so, have you tried taking all the other cards out of the computer and installing the VT card alone?

Is the system listing any conflicts?

Weird......

Terry Rhodes
10-12-2004, 06:11 AM
We use the VeroBeach Intel board that you mention almost exclusively for all our VT3 Dual Xeon systems. We have 30 or 40 systems out all running well. We have had a problem with 5 VT3 cards (same card as VT2 or 1) We install the card in the MB and the VT card will not post! In other words, the small green or red light that is on the bottom of the VT card does not come on!! The card is not seen in the MB and you cannot load the software. We moved the card slot to slot still not working! We switched to another VeroBeach board and voila it works. It seems that certain cards are a bit off spec or have some problem working with that MB!
We put the same faulty board into a single P4 Intel board and it works. We have swapped out 5 VT boards this year and have so far in last 3 months had no more problems. I am still waiting for some feedback from NewTek engineering about what the problem was. So, check to see if that light goes on on your VT board when you install it and start the computer up. If it doesnot come on, ship it back to NewTek.
Just my .03 cents
TRhodes :eek: