PDA

View Full Version : EPS to Modeler: best way to keep quality curves?

Turner
10-10-2004, 05:40 AM
Hi -

I'm able to import .eps files; naturally (I guess) they render best when "super-fine" is used when importing, as lower settings show facets on edges when extruded...

I'm wondering what the best way to bring in .eps files is - or if the "super-fine" setting is the only way to increase curve quality.

Thanks,
Andrew

Matt
10-10-2004, 11:29 AM
You could also try using the points to create a new curve within LightWave.

Mylenium
10-10-2004, 12:46 PM
Unfortunately the super fine setting is the only way to keep halfway decent resolution on your spline stuff once you convert it to polygons. That's not only valid for imported files but also for patching. Currently the only way to get even more resolution is using more points on your path ( you can add those in the vector graphics program of your choice or LW directly).

Mylenium

Turner
10-10-2004, 01:39 PM
Eh, no thanks.

Unless I'm really in a bind, I'm not going to rebuild an entire logo. I think the ultra-fine setting will do for now.

cheers
Andrew

You could also try using the points to create a new curve within LightWave.

Turner
10-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Yes, I'll have to stick to doing it this way...

I'm going to check out Strata, which supposedly imports directly from Illustrator CS, so that may be a good alternative.

Cheers
Andrew

Unfortunately the super fine setting is the only way to keep halfway decent resolution on your spline stuff once you convert it to polygons. That's not only valid for imported files but also for patching. Currently the only way to get even more resolution is using more points on your path ( you can add those in the vector graphics program of your choice or LW directly).

Mylenium

Matt
10-10-2004, 05:55 PM
Eh, no thanks.

Erm, well, you did ask! :rolleyes: