PDA

View Full Version : Backdrop

Warslut
10-08-2004, 06:02 PM
I just got Lightwave 7.5 installed and when I have 3 ictures of a Farrari I want to use to start making spline drawings.

BL and BR are fine, but even at scool TL the picture is always smaller... anyone know why? Or how to fix this?

Heres a pic... I believe the Top pic should be upright but it's the size I want to fix at the moment, thanks in advance.

http://img34.exs.cx/img34/7172/Untitled-1copy156.jpg

Hoopti
10-08-2004, 06:38 PM
There is a free tute at simplylightwave.com on how to setup background pictures. It's based on modeling a mclaren I believe, so perhaps that would help. It's not the fault of lightwave, it's the fault of the pictures you're using.

Hoop

Integrity
10-08-2004, 09:43 PM
There is a setting in the Display Options for that viewport that let's you size the picture.

By the way, how did you change the GUI of Windows?

I hope this helps.

Warslut
10-09-2004, 12:17 AM
Well I know there are sizes but the way it's set up... I can't get it to work, and I rendered the pictures so they're fit snug... still have no idea why but it's frustrating b/c it's ANY pic I put there even the side/back view, if in TL it's smaller....

And GUI meaning the skin? I'm not sure what you mean.

Silkrooster
10-09-2004, 01:54 AM
Looks to me like the skin is a windows XP theme
Silk

mdharman
10-09-2004, 07:19 PM
First of all, use photoshop (or another image editor) to rotate your top view image 90 degrees clockwise. You want the front of the car at the very top of the screen.

Realize that the top view will show you depth and width but not height. Let's say your top image is 1000 pixels by 400 pixels - that's depth and height. Your back (and front) images show you width and height but not depth. The width from the top image must be the same as the width of the top and back images. In the scenario I mentioned above, make sure the width is 400. When you resize, you will determine the height. Let's suppose it is 300 pixels. Then your right (and left image) would have to be sized to 1000 pixels by 300 pixels.

Go into Modeller and make a box that is equivalent to your pixels dimensions. Using w- 400, h- 300, and depth 1000, I would make a box that was 4 meters wide, 3 meters high, and 10 meters deep.

Go to the display options for background, load your image and click the auto size button. Then click on the presets button and save all of your backdrops as a config file. You can load it the next time you go to modeller; you lose any backdrop image when you close the program. Once you save the background config, you can deleter the box.

Hope this helps.