10-08-2004, 09:49 AM
This is probably a stupid question but

Is the SX84 completely different from the SX8
or can the SX8 make use of the four channel capabilities of
the VT[4] purchasing the proper DB15 cable that will connect to
the VTpro card.

As it seems by the pictures of the SX84, it is exactly the same as
the SX8 but with different labeling.

Did the SX84 get a complete internal make over?

Just trying to figure out what budget I have to present to the spending departement :D so I can upgrade to VT[4] and have the 4 audio channel capabilities.

Thanks

radams
10-08-2004, 02:03 PM
Well Romain,

You will need the new SX-84 hence the "4" at the end to get the four channel support thru the BOB...

But you also get built in Genlock, preveiw and alpha outputs, etc...

Good luck on your decision!!!

Cheers,

Jim Capillo
10-08-2004, 02:58 PM
I do believe you can get the extra two channels right off the daughtercard - and you will have all the other functions from the old SX-8.

RomainR
10-10-2004, 10:03 AM
Thanks you for the response.

It's all clear now, although it was pretty darn clear off of the info on the VT[4] specs, but I thought maybe there was a workaround :rolleyes: hehe

Paul Lara
10-10-2004, 11:04 PM
can the SX8 make use of the four channel capabilities of
the VT[4]

Yes.
You would route the rear channel signals from the VT[4] daughtercard expansion to one of the SX-8 inputs or outputs.

radams
10-11-2004, 01:23 AM
Okay Paul,

How is that done?

If we have the old daughter card...where do we get the connections and cable...I know that we could pick off of the audio headers on the new VT4 card but how do we get it into the SX-8 with out a custom connection/cable, etc...

So then the SX-8 has the circutry to allow the 4 channel seperation and all (Line and mic levels on ALL the XLRs, etc...)??

If this can be done then GREAT..for those who only want to work/monitor in Quad...

Cheers,

Ray