PDA

View Full Version : G2/macosx

AaronKent
10-07-2004, 12:17 PM
Hey all, I'm running LW 8.01 on a dual 2 G5. Just got worley's G2 plug-in and I've begun to get used to the buttons. I'm not knocking Worley at all, but I crash out of Lightwave pretty often when I use the G2 plug-in. I've only heard good things about G2 and see some amazing work on the web. Just wondering if any Mac people who know the plug-in well could offer up any advice. (Or if the mac pro people are waiting on the next software patch as well)

Cheers
AK

mbaldwin
10-07-2004, 01:14 PM
hey Aaron,

Worley Labs has been very good about troubleshooting--I would document your issues(be as specific as possible) and then give them a call.

--nice to see you livin large in Brooklyn. What area? I'm hanging out in Prospect Heights.

AaronKent
10-07-2004, 01:40 PM
I've read the Worley trouble shooting pages and my issues seem really general, but I'm going to try to pin-point a crash point. Basically if I load an object, apply the G2 plug-in, get a preview going and then just start dragging the surface sliders I crash. I'm not into the rocket science of the plug-ins capabilities, just basic "what does this knob do if I crank it up" type stuff. I think my computers OS is currently a little suspect (with a number of apps so I'm not as yet casting judgement) I live up in Greenpoint.

AK

Triple G
10-08-2004, 12:56 AM
I seem to remember something with Worley plugins causing LW to be unstable if you tried to adjust their properties with the slider panels. The solution was to manually type in the values you want. I think this issue has since been fixed....not sure if it was a patch from Worley or an OS update from Apple. Sorry I don't remember any more details, but maybe that will get you headed in the right direction?

kfinla
10-10-2004, 03:22 PM
I'm a mac user and a Lw user with all the worley plugs. There great, I have reported bugs over the years to worley labs.

The issue with sliders is possibly a problem with all of the OSX worley plugs. Its openGL related i beleve. And relates to osx 10.3.5 i think (thats what im running). I beleive 10.3.3 or 10.3.4 the sliders were fixed and working and you didnt have to type in numerical values.

I actually reported a problem to Steve (worley) a week ago with the sliders crashing sasquatch. i didnt get much of an answer, basicaly what ive passed on to you above.
But worley is a good guy and they've fixed other stuff ive reported. There just super busy and behind with working with Newtek and the SDK, and an fprime update is soon too. You may notice the worley site hasnt been updated in over 6 months! Their just busy and possinbly waiting for OSX 10.4 which i think is due by the new year? -Ken