PDA

View Full Version : CG-Post

pnelson
10-07-2004, 07:11 AM
One of the largest improvements in the new VT[4] is the addition of CG-Post! This new CG is amazingly powerful. Allowing you to choose between three CG Page types:
Still Page
Crawl Page
Scroll Page

After you drop in your selected pages, you can then ad text and manipulate as needed.

We were playing around creating the "Star Wars" Scroll.. Typed in the text for the scroll then used the positioner to "Rotate" the entire scroll page back. We then faded the edges at the top.

It's an amazing addition to an already powerful tool!

See ya,

Ivan
10-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Phillip,

Not to be a wet blanket but I have not seen anything that the CG included with VT3 can't do. The only real change seems to be that you are doing it from the Timelne rather than in it's own window. Is this correct or am I missing something. I saw the demo that Dr. Cross posted and I have been using positioner for some time now for doing 3D positioning of Text. One of the first things I showed in VT3 was the Star Wars text scroll using an RTV scroll and positioner.

Thanks for any additional info.

Ivan

B. Schuster
10-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Ivan;

I was at a demo here in Salt Lake City, Utah last night,

One of the "neat" things new to CG was the ability to select parts of a cg page and manipulate it in the editor, for example... If I have a build of many cg's that make up the final one with various elements like say, Bullet Points I can now just make the final one, and in edit use the Control Tree to bring the parts of the cg in.

Ivan
10-07-2004, 01:00 PM
Using Control tree I have been able to make this with the old CG just by keying the cropping of the page or cropping the page and animating the elements into place. What you suggest sounds cool but again, not really that new, just different.

Hoping for more, like animated fonts...

Ivan

pnelson
10-07-2004, 03:51 PM
you can also animate the Type on effect!

Being able to change the content of a CG while keeping all keyframes and manipulation intact is a great feature.

You need to see it!

Ivan
10-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Again, unless I am missing something the "keeping the keyframes" is not really new. I animate a CG page with Positioner, load the CG Project, change that page and resave the CG Project. When I go back to VTEdit, the text has changed but all of the keyframes are the same.

Now tell me more about the "type on" effect.

Ivan

pnelson
10-07-2004, 11:26 PM
Ivan,

You can set up your motion effects for a CG page and THEN go back and change the text!

There is a knob in the control tree that allows you to key frame the "Type on" effect. . As you rotate the knob, letters appear.. This can easily be keyframed.

Please let me know what other questions you have!

See Ya,

Ivan
10-08-2004, 07:57 AM
Ok, just one more. Are the filters like blur really filters or are they more like settings in Control Tree? What I really want to know is, if I Blur my CG page do I also Blur the video behind it?

Thanks,

Ivan

videoguy
10-08-2004, 08:52 AM
if you read the new features list it mentions that you can apply blur on a per clip/layer basis!!!!! :cool: :cool:

Rich Deustachio
10-08-2004, 09:17 AM
Well hell that feature alone is worth $25. :D

B. Schuster
10-08-2004, 09:34 AM
This demo shows the CG feature well:
http://www.3dgraphics.com/~deadline/VTNT/VT4CGDemo.wmv